Monday, November 6, 2017

Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You Review

Well, guys. My birthday will soon be coming to a close and it's great for me to be turning 22 years today. In honor of this, I had the high honor to go see a new movie through Fathom Events, that being the newest installment in the Pokemon movies known only as, "Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You." What do I think of this movie? Well, not since The Peanuts Movie have I ever experienced anything like this. This movie was incredible! The story did stay true to the original while doing it's own thing to make it stand on it's own, the characters are much more interesting, the writing, whether it be the original Japanese version or the English dub, and yes, the one I saw was the English dub, while does have a few weak spots, still is crafted out well, the animation was very sharp and very complex, the battles in each was choreographed well, the editing is very well organized and most importantly, you know those shows, movies and comics that has like a million parallel universes? Well, this movie does feel like one of those really awesome movies that has one of those parallel universes. Not a replacement to the original, just a different version. Is it perfect? No, there are some problems I have with this movie. For one, I do understand that Team Rocket was only there just to,...well, be there, I was rather confused on who the villain was. Either Closs or MiShadow. For while I do have a reason to hate Closs, I don't think he's very interesting and doesn't have any idea on being a good villain or even a good strong character. That doesn't make the climax at the end bad, nor even make a few moments at the end seem like REALLY good sad departures, I just don't even know who was a good strong villain. So, overall, "Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You" is an impressive retelling on the original Pokemon story we know and love. And hey, it's another one of those remakes where you will see how it compares to the original. What do the changes they made differ to something we know and love. Are you opened to the change or is it something that they should leave good enough alone. But I digress. So, with that being said, I give this new Pokemon movie an 8.5 out of 10. I guess if anything, this is now my 2nd favorite Pokemon movie where "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" is still my #1 favorite overall. But this was a great experience in my opinion. This movie has the same feel as both "Thomas & Friends: The Adventure Begins" and "Sailor Moon Crystal." It does have problems, but they are great alternatives to the original that we know and can compare to see how it holds between the two. So this movie does fall in that category, it's a great reboot to watch despite it's flaws. So, all I can say is, grab your Pokeball and see it for yourself by the time it comes out to DVD. And yes, it only has a few days in theaters, but still never the less, go ahead and go see it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ackleyattack4427 Cosplaying as Barbara from “Genshin Impact” as a Baller...

A brand new video is officially up! This time, directed from TikTok, we present yours truly cosplaying as Barbara from "Genshin Impact&...

Top Posts