Friday, October 6, 2017

My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) Review

Hey, guys. Tonight is pretty special, because I got to meet up with one of my old friends from high school, Trinity Tanudjaja to go see the movie that I wanted to see a movie that I was excited to see since it got announced. That being Hasbro's latest adaptation on their most marketable franchise and the ever popular Friendship is Magic TV show, "My Little Pony: The Movie." I don't know why they didn't just call it, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Movie" as it's title, but I guess it'll do. Not to be confused with the 1986 film by the same name. So, I bet all of you are wondering, what do I think of this movie? Well, I will say this, with what's been given to us, this is an incredible experience I had since both "Wonder Woman" and "Power Rangers (2017)" combined. The story is impressive, like we're watching a regular episode of the show, the characters are incredibly developed as usual, most of them, the voice acting is pretty good and the actors involved pulled off some good performances, the writing, while not Academy Award material, is absolutely well-written, with the comedy being timed out well, the animation is beyond amazing, not because of the people working wanted to try some new, but almost feel like traditional hand drawn animation wanted to come back for a once in a lifetime thing, the music is fun to listen and the songs are pretty catchy to listen, and I just listened to the soundtrack not too long ago, and too, was amazing, and most importantly, much like the show, this movie helps us understand why Friendship is Magic. Haha! You see what I did there? Now, is there anything I didn't like in this movie? Well, I would say that the cameos from most of the background ponies and other supporting characters from the show, while they're not bad, I just felt they could be thrown in there and tossed out in the next second. And some that we were hoping to get, didn't payed off well. Another thing I thought was weak in this was that while one of the new characters in this, Princess Skystar isn't bad and I give Kristen Chenoweth credit for pulling off a decent performance, but to me, I think it's her weakest roles in this movie and the stuff with the sea ponies, for while not bad, is not developed well and could have been explored a tad more. So aside from that, I think this movie payed off well. I've been excited to see it when it was first announced and now, 3 years later, after seeing it, it's a pretty fun time. I mean, okay, it's not for everyone. All it is just a movie made for little girls made to sell toys, but all in all, I highly recommend it. If you're looking for a movie that is much like Friendship is Magic, but at a grander scale, then go ahead and give it a watch. So, I'm gonna give it an 8 out of 10 as my final score for this movie. It's a wonderful thrill ride from beginning to end and I absolutely enjoyed it. And given to Hasbro's track record of movies they released for the past 10 years, this is one of their better ones, right next to "Ouija: Origin of Evil" that came out 1 year before. But I digress. So, what are you waiting for? Put on your Brony t-shirt and see it for yourself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

18th Video of 2024: Tomy/Trackmaster T&F Season 5 Episode 5 Expedition T...

Hey, guys! The Redone version of the 5th episode to Season 5 of Tomy/Trackmaster T&F, "Expedition Thomas" is back online on Tr...

Top Posts